Job Description: Admissions/Membership Clerk
Department: Park Services
Exempt: Non-exempt – part time or seasonal
Level of Authority: Reports to: Admissions/Membership Manager
Summary: The clerk is to be accountable for all funds and transactions that are transacted during their shift in the admissions booth and assist in the daily operations of membership office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be knowledgeable of cash register operations and possess excellent cash management skills.
- Ability to sell the Admissions, Shuttle, Carousel and Memberships.
- Ability to relate positively with guests, employees and management.
- Able to deal courteously and effectively with the public at all times, and to represent the institution at the highest standard of professionalism.
- Ability to solve minor guest challenges keeping in mind that guest satisfaction is our primary objective.
- Assist in the daily operations of membership office, issue new & renewal membership cards, selling extra guest passes and other miscellaneous responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of The Living Desert are adhered to.
- Assist with coverage for lunch hours, PTO, sick days and coverage during Wildlights, Howl-O-Ween and other events and fundraisers.
- Support tasks; help process a variety of mailings, package guest passes, encode materials for membership drive mailing, data enter, update and change member records.
- Maintain a safe and productive workplace for visitors and staff.
- Able to establish and maintain effective and professional working relations with co-workers and other department personnel, and to do so in accordance with The Living Desert Employee Handbook.
- Perform other similar or related duties as necessary or assigned.
This class specification should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities of this job. The clerk may be requested to perform job-related activities and tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Credit Card Terminal
- 9 key adding machine/calculator
- Computer / Point of Sale Program
- Exceptional cash register – cash management skills
- Ability to sell a product/service
- Ability to relate positively with guests, other employees and management
- Ability to resolve and diffuse guest issues in a positive manner
- Self motivation and initiative to see things that need to be done and do them
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with others in a team setting
Physical Position Description:
Physical Effort: Sitting or standing for long periods of time. Small work area. Limited break time. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to work in cold or hot weather conditions.
Typical Working Conditions: Most will be done in the Admissions booth or Membership office. There maybe some outdoor work occasionally.
Weekend, Evening and Holiday: Work schedule includes weekends and holidays. Occasional Evening work is required.
Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Computer literate
Minimum Experience: At least 1 year of practical experience with cash handling, knowledge of point of sale system and working in an office with busy phones and walk-ins a plus.