The Living Desert is seeking motivated, outgoing and personable individuals for The Wildlife Wonders Show featuring our 10-foot-tall interactive dinosaur puppets beginning Fall 2017.
The Dinosaur Performer performs on stage as a dinosaur in the show cast. This individual will be working closely with our program animal collection as a prehistoric creature both on grounds in our outdoor amphitheater as well as other venues at special events.
Essential duties include performing as a Dinosaur; memorizing and delivering scripts and dialogues; improvising with the public when applicable; and ability to use/operate I-Pad and sound system equipment. During down time from shows additional tasks/projects will be assigned. High energy, excellent guest service skills, and teamwork are required. This position is directly supervised by the area Animal Care Manager.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in acting and/or performing in public considered a plus.
• Experience in guest services or speaking to large groups of people is valuable.
• Physical Requirements: stand between 5’7” and 6’1” tall and perform in a costume weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to work outdoors in the hot desert climate.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and some nights during special events.
These positions are compensated at $13.67 per hour and are approximately 20 hours/week temporary positions lasting from September 2017 until 30 April 2018. Auditions will be required prior to hiring for this position. Please submit your resume electronically to Renee Barnett, Animal Care Manager-Wildlife Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for all submissions is Monday October 15tht, 2017 or until positions are filled.