- Paved pathways throughout The Living Desert make exploring accessible for strollers and wheelchairs.
- Adult wheeled strollers and Zebra-themed children’s wagons are available for a $3.00 donation.
- Explore The Living Desert on a Shuttle.
- Shade trees and misted rest spots all throughout the park provide comfort during the warm days.
- First aid stations, restrooms, and baby changing stations. We accept American Express, Master Card, Visa and Discover.
- No locker facilities are available.
- Drinking fountains are conveniently located throughout the park.
- Bottled water is available for purchase in our cafe, grill, snack stand and vending machines.
Dining and Shopping:
- Thorn Tree Grill is open daily in Village WaTuTu. This patio restaurant serves American cuisine and cold refreshments including beer.
- Coyote Café is open daily. The menu selection includes fresh, made to order sandwiches and salads, and a choice of beverages and desserts. Try a delicious date shake!
- We also have limited picnic areas for visitors who may choose to bring their own food.
- The Plaza Gift Shop is open daily and offers a variety of books, designer jewelry, apparel, art and souvenir items.
- Kumbu Kumbu Market is a unique gift shop in Village WaTuTu, offering unique African-theme souvenirs and clothing.
Summer Hours: June 1 – September 30
Closed June 14-15 for inventory
Desert Gift Shop (in the Plaza) Summer Hours: 8:00 – 1:30
Palo Verde Garden Nursery Summer Hours (except Monday): 9:00 – 1:30
Kumbu Kumbu Market (in Africa) Closed
- No pets allowed in the park.
- If you require a service dog, you must let Admission Staff know so the Animal Department can be contacted. Certain areas of the park are restricted.
- For your pet’s safety, do not leave animals in the car.
- Free parking. Enjoy our environmentally friendly parking lot with lots of room for motor homes and RVs and plenty of convenient parking for our disabled visitors.
- All Living Desert staff members carry radios. If you encounter any problems or an emergency, please contact any Staff member located throughout the park. To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, we ask that you observe these rules:
- Please do not feed or annoy the animals.
- No smoking in exhibit buildings, cafes or gift shops.
- Visitors are asked to stay on the marked paths and walkways.
- Plants are for all to enjoy and are not to be picked or trampled.
- All children must be supervised at all times by parent, guardian or chaperon.