Their tomorrow depends on us today. Donate to help save wild desert animals and places.
Be a part of the solution. It takes tremendous resources to maintain the daily operation of The Living Desert: Almost $10 million a year. Give directly to our efforts to feed, care for, and house our animal family 400+ strong AND/OR to sustain our gardens with over 10,000 plants.
The Living Desert is a fully independent, nonprofit organization – we receive very little tax support for our operations. And that’s very different from most zoos, aquariums, and botanical gardens operating across the nation.
The history of The Living Desert is a storyline of philanthropy. The continuous support of donors and friends at all levels has allowed us to become the internationally-regarded desert conservation organization that we are today.
Your unrestricted donation at any level supports…
- more than 400 animals representing 156 different species in their daily care and feeding;
- maintaining more than 14,000 desert plants in ways that respect the environment and conserve water;
- educating more than 40,000 children a year on school tours and outreach programs, and providing 100+ programs and travel opportunities to adult learners in our Living Desert University;
- helping hundreds of wild animals that are brought in from caring people receive healthcare at the rehabilitation centerlocated at our Tennity Wildlife Hospital;
- maintaining hiking trails that ensure people can see the desert in its natural state; and
- making the experience of visiting something truly memorable for more than 400,000 people every year.
Make a difference at The Living Desert by making a donation from $1 to $5,000 today. Our greatest need at The Living Desert is general operating support and donations made through our website are directed in that manner. We also deeply appreciate donors who are interested in supporting a specific activity or program at The Living Desert – everything from specific animals to education programs to service needs can be considered for possible restricted donations at any level. If you’re interested in making a donation to something special at The Living Desert, please contact Development at (760) 346-5694, est. 2166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a one-time donation or commit to the Recurring Giving program. Donations are appreciated in any amount!
Want to make a donation of over $5,000? Please call us so we can discuss it with you personally. Contact Development at (760) 346-5694, ext. 2166, or email email@example.com.