Assistant Graphic Designer
This is a full-time, entry-level position.
The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens is seeking a skilled, creative, and organized individual to join the marketing team to assist with the creation and production of marketing communications and on-site zoo graphics.
The position will support the zoo in its mission to support “desert conservation through preservation, education and appreciation”, and help the zoo achieve a forward-thinking vision of a modern zoo and inclusive culture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand, Marketing and Public Relations, the Assistant Graphic Designer will create compelling, on-brand marketing and graphic materials to support the zoo’s mission. This entry level position will design, develop, and coordinate production of marketing and collateral materials, institutional publications, exhibit graphics signage and displays for the Zoo. The Assistant Graphic Designer will work under the direction of the Senior Graphic Designer and will be responsible for maintaining institutional brand standards in all print, environmental, and digital media of the Zoo.
Must be fluent with all creative software and machines including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, etc). Photography/videography skills and experience with Lightroom, After-Effects, and/or Premier considered a plus.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to take direction, to receive feedback, and to execute accordingly.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strong attention to detail, while being a creative thinker and ability to work both within and without guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of brand standards and how to create marketing and communications materials within the standards.
- Broad set of production skills including production of mounted paper signage and experience prepping files for print.
- Applicant must be a self-starter, able to manage and complete multiple projects, and work well under tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- 1-2 years in graphic design and production of marketing materials, publications, or related field.
- Minimum of 2-year degree or certificate in graphic arts. Preferred 4-year degree.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
Starting pay for this position is $17.00/hour.
All interested individuals should submit their resume, three examples of their creative work, and brief cover letter to the Erin Scott (Senior Manager, Brand, Marketing, and Public Relations) at email@example.com.