Job Title: Data Analyst
Reports to: Director of Finance
This position is responsible for the integrity of all data within the Living Desert’s transactional, CRM and reporting databases, and leveraging this data to help meet the Business Intelligence needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure data is accurate and balances between systems
- Ensure data integrity in all systems.
- Ensure data hygiene rules are followed, and “clean” the data as necessary
- Provide data mining for desired information to the organization.
- Provide reporting from these databases upon end-user request
- Develop and maintain divisional & corporate business intelligence dashboards & Operational reporting
- Develop and maintain processes for integrating the data from different software packages
- Develop an enterprise data model, describing data elements and how they are used
- Contributes to desert conservation through reduction of waste, water and energy use, and inspiring guests and team members to take conservation actions.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and sleuthing skills.
- Ability to become proficient with new skills quickly. Especially:
- Proficient with Applications, computer software, software development tools, and relational databases, and their architecture.
- Proficient in Cloud Based applications and the Web Services protocols and API’s used to send/retrieve data from them.
- Proficient with Business Intelligence toolsets and creating / maintaining Operational reporting and Executive dashboards.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to maintain good working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access)
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Dynamics 365, with CRM focus
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL query language
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Web Service architecture, including, SOAP, and custom vendor-provided API’s
NICE TO HAVES
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Donor Perfect Donor Management software
- Donor Search Wealth Management software
- Gateway Galaxy Point-of-Sale/Ticketing Software
- Gateway Galaxy CRM+ add-on to Dynamics 365
EDUCATION AND PRE-REQUISITES
MUST be proficient with Microsoft SQL Server and the SQL language.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BS in Computer Science or related field, desired.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Three years in a data analysis or database development role
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to work with fellow workers to understand user needs and explain data relationships clearly and concisely.
OTHER: CA Driver’s license; insurability.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL TASKS: Able to sit at one position at great lengths of time in front of computer screens.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment – no unusual
HOLIDAY/EVENING WORK: This position may require after hours, weekend and holiday work.
TRAVEL: Possible travel for training and relevant conferences.
Personal computer, phone and two-way radio
This class specification should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified applicants must send resume to Dwight Middendorf, Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org.