Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens seeks a dynamic, creative, ad organized Digital Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and manage the organization’s digital assets, content, and communications.
Position Summary: The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager is a key contributor within the marketing department of The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens. The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for increasing brand awareness, generating engagement around brand messages, and developing strong relationships with The Living Desert’s online community and digital users. This position is responsible for the creation, implementation, and management of a variety of digital content, photos/videos and graphics, as well as digital communication strategies and tactics. This position directly manages the organization’s website, social media channels, digital publications, digital communications technologies, email communications, and videography and photography content.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in all aspects of video and digital creation and positing; and will have great insights and understanding in how to present content in a multitude of creative ways; and will ensure all communications are on-brand. The candidate will use data and reporting analytics to understand engagement trends and apply understandings to future campaigns and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and creative with a genuine passion for storytelling, communications, and wildlife conservation.
The candidate will support The Living Desert in its mission of desert conservation through preservation, education, and appreciation, and help the organization achieve a forward-thinking vision of a modern zoo and inclusive culture.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Assist in the development and execution of the organization’s marketing plan.
· Create, implement, and manage digital content and communications across all digital platforms including but not limited to website, email communications, and social media channels.
· Create digital communication and social media strategies to meet goals such as increasing audience size and engagement and maintaining and growing brand reputation.
· Lead the organization’s development, creation, and execution of email marketing campaigns including ongoing email newsletters, event email campaigns, and specific nurture campaigns to help meet growth initiatives for membership, donations, and engagement.
· Manage the organization’s website including content, pages, assets, applications, and functions, while continuing to optimize functionality, accessibility, and compliance to meet user needs.
· Lead and oversee the content creation and management of social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube in addition to the adoption and implementation of new technologies as they adopted.
· A keen eye for trends, strong understanding of strategic communications, and ability to translate ideas into compelling and engaging content across a variety of platforms.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of mainstream digital products, trends, and social media channels, as well as etiquette, best-practices, metrics, and tools, such as HootSuite, Meltwater, SproutSocial.
· Adobe Suite proficient including Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, and Lightroom.
· Proficient in photography and videography including shooting, editing, and formatting into usable assets.
· Technical experience and knowledge the following considered a plus: HTML, ProcessWire CMS, Google Grants, Microsoft CRM+, Click Dimensions, a plus.
· Preferred Skills: Multi-lingual (written and spoken) and zoo, aquarium, or museum experience, a plus.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business administration or a related topic, plus four years related job experience. An equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience may also be considered.
· Minimum of two years’ experience managing social media, corporate communications, and or website, including online social interaction, online media sharing, social media monitoring, and analytics.
All interested individuals should submit their resume, three examples of their creative work, and brief cover letter to the Erin Scott (Senior Manager, Brand, Marketing, and Public Relations) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.