Guest Experience Ambassador – Part Time
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 Position Closes: Until filled
Are you inspired to be part of an organization committed to conserving desert plants and animals around the globe? The Living Desert is a mission-based, non-profit desert conservation organization located in the bio-diverse Coachella Valley California. Our expertise is in desert species care and conservation science to save desert species from extinction. Our commitment to provide guests to The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens opportunities to educate and engage with best-in-class conservation work and how that work is changing outcomes for desert species every day.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Guest Experience Ambassador will support The Living Desert’s mission of desert conservation through preservation, education, and appreciation by providing “Best Day Ever” experience for our guests.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Guest Relations, the Guest Experience Ambassador is responsible for creating a positive experience for all members and guests of The Living Desert. This position enthusiastically engages with the guests through quality guest engagement and genuine hospitality. Serves as first aid and general safety responder. Listen to guest concerns, proactively solve challenging situations, and support management. Support the facilities team by ensuring the park is tidy and presentable.
- Promote The Living Desert’s mission, facilities, and team in a positive light.
- Enthusiastically engage members and guests through wayfinding assistance, basic interpretive dialogue, and general guest service. Assist guests with directions, answering questions, offering information, and providing assistance in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Create a sense of belonging and esteem during all member and guest interactions.
- Assist with crowd control, emergency response, and guest resolutions.
- Ability to provide basic first aid and/or support the efforts of the Safety Manager.
- Field guest feedback and concerns, and proactively resolve situations independently and/or support the efforts of the MOD.
- Help provide rides to the exit for fatigued visitors
- Go above and beyond in customer care and guest service standards.
- Ensure complete, timely and accurate communication of potential safety issues on grounds to the Senior Manager of Guest Relations and/or Safety Manager.
- Maintain and promote a safe and productive environment for guests and staff.
- Courteously and effectively engage with the guests and represent the institution at the highest standard of professionalism.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional working relations with co-workers and other department personnel, and to do so in accordance with The Living Desert Employee Handbook.
- Ensure that all policies regarding member and guest conduct are adhered to.
- Aid other departments as needed.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Senior Manager of Guest Relations about trends, feedback, and potential issues discovered while interacting/observing guests and members. “Be the eyes and ears on the ground.”
- Contributes to desert conservation through reduction of waste, water and energy use, and inspiring guests and team members to take conservation actions.
- Other related responsibilities as necessary to accomplish department objectives.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Living Desert is seeking candidates with an outgoing, creative, confident, self-motivated team player who is willing to make a significant commitment to the organization. We are looking for individuals with enthusiasm, strong guest engagement skills, energetic presence, and the ability to work in a fast-paced labor-intensive environment. They must value fun and have prior experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must hold a valid California driver license and be insurable on The Living Desert's automobile policy.
- Must be an energetic self-starter with good communication skills and be willing to work with others in a team setting
- Ability to drive a motorized vehicle
- Ability to engage with guests in a positive, genuine, courteous, and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to utilize interpretation techniques
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and nights
- Ability to respond and resolve problems in a positive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to give and comprehend written and oral instructions, and to accurately carry out such instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must be a motivated self-starter who needs minimal supervision
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Strong personnel management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication skills
- Ability to work with others in a team setting
- First Aid Certified, CPR, AED Certified (training to be provided)
- Standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, driving, reaching motions. Some lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, and dust/airborne materials.
- HOLIDAY WORK: Holiday, weekend and evening work is required. Some evening work is required during special events and fundraising parties.
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family membership to The Living Desert
- Retail and food and beverage discounts
- Conference and workshop attendance available. If funding is available, some or all expenses paid.
- Duration: Year Round
- Positions available: 1
- Pay: $16.61/hr.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please complete the electronic application via this link: