Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens seeks a creative, enthusiastic, and organized Marketing and Communications Specialist to assist in the development of written, digital, and visual content to fulfill the organization’s marketing and public relations goals.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will support the marketing and communications team at The Living Desert, under the direction of the Senior Manager of Brand, Marketing, and Communications. This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of marketing strategies and the development of written, visual, and digital content for The Living Desert. Specific duties include executing marketing campaign elements, drafting and sourcing images/video for social media, writing and editing internal and external communications, as well as public relations initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a strong writer and copyeditor, with the ability to create a variety of content for different applications. The successful candidate will understand public relations and strategic communications. The ideal candidate will be organized, creative, and detail-oriented with an interest in storytelling, communications, and wildlife conservation.
Qualifications and Requirements
As Marketing and Communications Specialist you will:
· Assist in the execution of The Living Desert’s marketing and public relations plan, strategies, and tactics.
· Draft compelling, engaging, and creative content (including visuals) for use across numerous platforms including social media, press releases, publications, presentation, website, and blog postings.
· Assist with on-site media, pr requests, interviews, film and photo crews, as well as assist in the creation of media/press kits and photo libraries.
· Regularly photograph/film various park assets and assist is the maintenance of the zoo’s photo database.
· Follow existing brand standards and established approved conventions as agreed to by the institution for the creation of new marketing materials and content and maintain the zoo's brand and voice across all communication channels.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· A keen eye for detail and a passion for sharing stories.
· Experience with technologies with the following considered a plus: HootSuite, Meltwater, SproutSocial, Monday.com, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft CRM+
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business administration or a related topic. An equivalent combination of formal education, training, and experience may also be considered.
· Minimum one year experience drafting communications and posts for corporate social media channels, email marketing, and/or public relations.
All interested individuals should submit their resume, three examples of their creative work, and brief cover letter to the Erin Scott (Senior Manager, Brand, Marketing, and Public Relations) at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.