Night Security Officer
Title: Night Security Officer
Reports to: Safety Manager
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Primarily responsible to provide security and safety of TLD property during the night-time. Is familiar and complies with TLD standards and procedures. Also watch and listen for unusual, illegal, or dangerous activities occurring on the premises.
Patrols all areas of the property. Able to monitor RING cameras, I.P. camera system, perimeter, alarm systems, and fire & life safety systems.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
· Follow safety and security policies and procedures at all times.
· Patrols property interior grounds and perimeter.
· Patrols buildings, parking lot, gates, and other duties as assigned and needed
· Secures any open/unlocked doors/buildings
· Responds to after hour alarms
· Responds to and deals with Public Safety agency responses after hours
· Communicates with appropriate Departments for after hour emergencies
· Contributes to desert conservation through reduction of waste, water and energy usage, and inspires guests and team member to take conservation actions.
· 2 to 4 years of experience in similar role.
· High school diploma or equivalent, required.
· Guard card preferred.
· Certificate on first aid, CPR and AED
· Good communication skills; oral and written.
· Attentive to details.
· Computer skills.
· Valid California driver license.
· Must be insurable on The Living Desert’s automobile policy.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL TASKS: Standing, walking, twisting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, reaching motions, lifting up to 50lbs.
TYPICALWORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to extreme heat, chemicals, and dust/airborne materials. Work with potentially dangerous animals (i.e. large ungulates, carnivores, venomous animals).
HOLIDAY WORK: Holiday and weekend work required.
TRAVEL: Occasional conference and workshop attendance potentially available.
This class specification should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.