THE LIVING DESERT ZOO AND GARDENS GIFT STORE
Operated by Service Systems Associates, Inc.
Are YOU the perfect addition to our team? We are looking for the following traits:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, comfortable supporting oversight in specific areas of the Retail Department. Developing interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate to team onsite.
- Developed leadership skills with an understanding of the importance of team building/development, while fostering partnerships.
- Demonstrates merchandising/restocking, planning and supervisory skills.
- Computer knowledge and skill level for basic office functions.
- Goal-oriented and flexible to meet the needs of the operation.
- Demonstrates desire to lead the team in innovation and success.
- Responsibly geared towards presenting a clean and welcome experience for guests through upholding sanitation requirements.
Please inquire for full job description.
PPE (face mask, gloves, apron) will be required for all shifts, Job duties will require individual to lift up to 15-35lbs and be on feet for long periods of time, please discuss with interviewing manager if accommodation is needed.
Retail Supervisor Revised 06/2021
Reporting Relationship: The Retail Supervisor reports directly to the Retail Operations Manager.
Requirements: Three years in retail experience; must be 18 years or older.
Position is Part-Time, with hours available based on season and operational need. Position is wage is hourly, dependent on experience
- Show dynamic leadership ability and motivate staff to exceed expectations of the customer and our client.
- Ensure your locations’ team is set with the operation in mind: integrate new team members, supervise assigned personnel, develop, and coach.
- Remain knowledgeable of and manages in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
- Uphold and demonstrate a complete understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Perform the steps of EXTRA Guest Service to ensure a memorable experience for every guest and client.
- Support store leadership in all inventory control programs including but not limited to: reporting, cycle counts, inventory, and receiving.
- Ensure all cash handling procedures are in effect at-all-times.
- Daily oversight of floor team.
- Promote positive attitude among teammates and guests.
- Merchandise product to maximize sales.
- Fulfill guest needs quickly and efficiently.
- Oversee cleanliness of shop and displays.
- Resolve guest complaints and/or refunds.
- Manage employee breaks and hours in accordance with local, state, and federal labor laws.
- Achieve sales goals and other metrics.
- Create and implement daily check-ins, goals, and performance notes with staff.
- Perform other duties, as the General Manager, Retail Operations Manager or Assistant Retail Operations Manager deem necessary.
Social Responsibility and Culture
- Promote an inclusive & supportive approach at the unit.
- Supports unit in being an example for Company & Client guidelines, with regard to Sustainability/Conservation efforts. Display knowledge of efforts in business application as well as giving adequate opportunity for teaching to unit staff, as necessary.
- Supports SSA / unit in driving community effort through hiring efforts, engagement activities, and focus on opportunities of giving back.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate to Retail Management, team, and guests.
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of the importance of team building/development, while fostering partnerships.
- General problem solving/decision making skills combined with the ability to be organized.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- POS and inventory management software knowledge.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes (10-35lbs) as necessary to operation, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to drive a golf cart and pass safety assessment certification(s).
- One to Two years Retail Supervisor experience a plus.
- Three to Five years Retail background.
- All education backgrounds eligible.
SSA Group, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity through our commitment to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Who are we? SSA is built by family, for families.
Much has changed since Kevin McNicholas founded this company in 1971, but even as our business grew, evolved and shifted into new markets, who we are has always stayed the same: We are a family business built on personal relationships, always taking the long view in our approach to business. Because were a family business, we think generationally in how we operate, always considering the long-term legacy and mission of our partners. In fact, facing behemoth, impersonal competitors on all fronts, SSA is uniquely positioned as a large company with a small company feel that can offer more of a personal relationship. Built by family, for families, we still are 100% independent. Our clients love that they have a direct line to Sean or Eric or Shannon, and that a handshake still means something to us. This personal feeling of family permeates our entire team and can even be felt on the front line, where our SSA team actually becomes a part of the institutions family, too. From one generation to the next, SSA will always be there for our partners and our people.
SSA operates with Five Pillars in mind: People, Culture, Growth, Operational Excellence, and Social Responsibility.
This job opportunity is classified as a medium exposure risk job: include those that require frequent and/or close contact with (i.e., within 6 feet of) people who may be infected with SARS-CoV-2, but who are not known or suspected COVID-19 patients. In areas without ongoing community transmission, workers in this risk group may have frequent contact with travelers who may return from international locations with widespread COVID-19 transmission. In areas where there is ongoing community transmission, workers in this category may have contact with the general public (e.g., schools, high-population-density work environments, some high-volume retail settings).
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The People Department reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
All interested individuals should submit their resume to Diane Startzel email@example.com