Senior Manager of Guest Relations
Job Title: Senior Manager of Guest Relations
Department: Park Services
Reports to: Director of Park Services and Guest Relations
Supervises: GEC Manager and Membership and Admissions Supervisor
This position requires a clear understanding of the organization’s position in the marketplace, a keen understanding of its constituents, and the skills for creating a workable master membership plan. This position will be held responsible for developing a well-thought-out plan that ensures the proper functioning of the membership program and a course of action to maximize all efforts to maintain and grow membership. Under general supervision, implements and manages all goals, budgetary projections and objectives for membership and membership programs and processes membership applications, provides member assistance and assists in planning and implementation of related events and promotions for members. Oversees all daily operations of the admissions team and procedures by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees and directs all member services goals to acquire new members, increase renewals, provide world class member benefits, and strengthen gate sales to ensure that fiscal year goals are achieved.
· Implements all phases of the membership program serving over 13,000 members and processing a substantial income amount generated by the program; activities include processing new and renewal membership applications, completing deposits, data entry of all participant information, mass mailing of membership cards and correcting/editing member data and information.
· Must create a measurable and trackable plan for the membership program.
· Forecast and gauge the organization’s productivity in comparison to accepted industry standards.
· Create projections to measure the program’s success on a month-to-month basis providing specific membership cash flow projections.
· Consistently analyze the methods of operations based on industry and marketplace best demonstrated practices.
· Structure and oversee all membership benefits, categories, pricing, and messaging.
· Responsible for defining the members’ overall zoo experience and member/customer life cycle journey from acquisition forward.
· Oversee and implement all membership strategies including, but not limited to, direct mail, on-site sales, digital marketing, and all other methods. Define all membership sales channels and oversee and implement all membership strategies.
o Responsible for increasing all first-year members, long-term and renewal members
o Database management
o Operational analysis
o Fulfillment packages
o Monitor perception of members and prospective members
o Structuring of dues and benefits
o Project distribution of members by level
o Determine role of staff members
· Create and execute membership promotions and marketing campaigns.
· Responsible for team who handles member questions, concerns, and complaints and projects information answers and solutions. Provides prompt reply to ay member inquiry.
· Establishes and maintains computer records of member and donor history for future reference and mailings. Maintains an “active member” ledger. Compiles membership data to be included in membership and development reports.
· Recommend software and hardware needs to ensure the ability to process growing number of member/donor records.
· Prepare statistical membership reports for monthly board meeting.
· Establish goals, objectives, and standards of performance; develop and implement operating policies and procedures for department.
· Responsible for team creating policies and procedures for Admissions staff including line management procedures, PS procedures, cashing in and out procedures, and guest service relations.
· Assist Development Department in the coordination of the travel program including working with the tour companies, guests, and CEO to ensure a memorable experience and the growth of the travel program.
· Maintain a safe and productive workplace for visitors and staff.
· Able to always deal courteously and efficiently with the public and to represent the institution at the highest standard of professionalism.
· Able to establish and maintain effective and professional working relations with co-workers and other department personnel, and to do so in accordance with The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens Employee Handbook.
· Aids other departments as needed.
· Other related responsibilities as necessary to accomplish department objectives.
· Must have thorough understanding of the organization’s mission and must always represent the company and its brand in a positive manner both on property and off.
· Must obtain a Galaxy Systems Administrator certification.
· Oversee all ADA, accessibility, and inclusion tactics for the organization.
· Contributes to desert conservation through reduction of waste, water and energy, and inspiring guests and other team members to take conservation actions.
· All other duties as assigned.
This class specification should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
Computer, typewriter, computer printer, FAX, phone, copier, adding and credit card machines.
· Computer literate
· Microsoft Office
· Galaxy and E Galaxy proficient
· Above average organizational skills and detail oriented
· Salesperson skills
· Strong customer service skills to assist public, members, and donors
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations
· Above average organizational skills and detail oriented
· Ability to give and comprehend written and oral instructions, and to accurately carry out such instructions
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
· Ability to work with the public in a courteous manner
· Ability to form professional networking relationships with other institutions and companies
· Must be a motivated self-starter who needs minimal supervision
· Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
· Must have strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills and can work with others in a team setting
Conditions of Work:
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Sitting at computer station for extended periods; standing, walking, bending, lifting, twisting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, reaching motions.
DISCOMFORT/RISKS: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
HOLIDAY/EVENING WORK: Weekend and holiday work required. Some evenings may be required during special events.
TRAVEL: Conference and workshop attendance available. If funding available, some or all expenses paid.
Minimum High School diploma require. A minimum of three years in staff or office supervision required. Ability to use personal computers in completing spreadsheet, database, and word processing functions. Experience in systems operation and implementation preferred and the ability to supervise and troubleshoot data processing operations. Must hold a valid California driver license and be insurable on The Living Desert’s automobile insurance policy. Must be energetic with good communication skills and be willing to work with others in a team setting.