Annual Fund Officer
The Annual Fund Officer works with the Director of Development, President/CEO, Senior Manager of Development, Development staff, volunteers and Board, when appropriate, to progressively build the fundraising capacity of The Living Desert. The Annual Fund Officer will play both internal and external roles planning, managing, and implementing programs for fundraising, cultivation and stewardship. Key responsibilities include planning and implementation of the annual giving program, the monthly recurring giving program and premium-level member program. This position will also oversee the donor recognition program and serve as the event liaison with Development, Events, Facilities and outside vendors.
- Annual Giving Program
Plan and implement the strategy for a comprehensive annual giving program, that includes a spring and fall drive, designed to broaden the organization’s base of support and increase revenues. Strategies should include direct mail, email campaigns, social media campaigns and other innovative methods. Plan should address new donor acquisitions.
- Recurring Giving Program
Plan and implement the strategy for a comprehensive recurring giving program designed to broaden the organization’s base of support and increase revenues. Plan should address new donor acquisitions.
- Donor Recognition Program
Lead the planning and implementation of a donor recognition program utilizing a variety of methods including benefits, events and other efforts. Document touchpoint efforts. Work collaboratively with Development staff.
- Membership Development: Premium-Level Members
Collaborate with Membership Manager and staff to build and strengthen membership programs and increase revenue through moving members to higher levels and increasing memberships.
- Overall Fund Development:
- Steward and develop donors and prospects as assigned.
- Conduct private tours for prospects and major donors.
- Assist in and support efforts of the department as needed.
- Events Liaison
- Develop and maintain a planning calendar for all cultivation and appreciation events.
- Create and maintain event check list and timeline for each event.
- Coordinate planning and progress meetings with appropriate Development staff for each event.
- Manage and coordinate the following aspects of each event: animal requests, entertainment, menu, rentals, lights, room reservation, IT/AV needs, set up, parking, photographer/videographer, security, shuttles and any other details as directed by staff.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with TLD Events staff.
Minimum qualifications and knowledge requirements:
- Principles and practices of effective fund development strategies
- Ability to read reports, gather and analyze data and compile information for written reports
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the talent and the personality to work collaboratively, accept responsibility, and motivate colleagues, volunteers and donors
- Perform duties with a high degree of independence
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Personal computers, hardware, and software programs including; Word, Outlook, Excel, and fundraising software (preference given to DonorPerfect).
- Budgeting processes
Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum five years’ experience in development work or comparable sales/marketing experience. Prior experience in annual giving, event management and donor relations is highly desirable. Will substitute applicable experience for part or all of the education requirement.
To Apply: Please send your resume to: Amy Crabb, Senior Manager – Development 760-340-4954