The Living Desert is seeking motivated, outgoing, and personable individuals to engage with zoo guests while wearing a 10-foot-tall interactive dinosaur puppet/costume.
The Dinosaur Performer performs on zoo grounds entertaining and educating zoo guests about dinosaurs and our mission to conserve and protect desert species. This individual will be working closely with our programs department as a prehistoric creature both on grounds and in our outdoor amphitheater as well as other venues around the park.
Essential duties include performing as a Dinosaur; memorizing and delivering scripts and dialogues; improvising with the public when applicable; and ability to use/operate I-Pad and sound system equipment. During down time from shows additional tasks/projects will be assigned. High energy, excellent guest service skills, and teamwork are required. This position is directly supervised by the Wildlife Programs Animal Care Curator.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in acting and/or performing in public.
- Experience in guest services or speaking to large groups of people.
- Physical Requirements: stand between 5’7” and 6’1” tall and perform in a costume weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in the hot desert climate.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and some nights during special events.
These positions are compensated at $13.94 per hour and are approximately 24 hours/week temporary positions lasting from October 2018 until 30 April 2019. Auditions will be required prior to hiring for this position. Please submit your resume electronically to Renee Barnett, Animal Care Curator-Wildlife Programs at email@example.com. The deadline for all submissions is Thursday September 20th, 2018 or until positions are filled.