Job Title: Events Coordinator
Department: Park Services
Reports to: Events Manager
Employment Status: Hourly Nonexempt
- Coordinating all aspects of Facility Rentals, Events & Birthday Parties to insure customer satisfaction and repeat business while striving to meet budget expectations.
Communication (Internal and External):
- Assisting in the preparation of the facility rentals, special events & birthday party budget for review by Events Manager.
- Preparing contracts, invoices, collecting payments, and manifesting all facility rentals, special events & birthday party payments in the correct manner
- Meeting sales goals by promoting and up-selling programs
- Insuring complete customer satisfaction for all facility rentals, special events & birthday parties, before, during and after event
- Insuring appropriate physical condition and appearance of all rental facilities, special event sites & birthday party areas, equipment and supplies by coordinating repairs, safety checks and preventive maintenance
- Insuring appropriate & timeous communication of all facility rentals, special events & birthday parties to all departments
- Managing the master schedule and controlling availability
- Researching, communicating with and participating in meetings of appropriate groups and associations.
- Insuring that events & birthday parties are adequately staffed by scheduling volunteers and staff.
- Mailing birthday cards to last years birthday party clients on a timeous basis through out the year
- Sending evaluation letter to clients following event
- Researching appropriate companies & associations for sales calls & mailings
- Developing relationships with industry counterparts, encouraging referrals
- Participating in appropriate “Zoo Wide” committees and meetings
- Insuring appropriate communication of all facility rental events to all departments
- Providing weekly sales recap of sales activity and weekly activity report
- Acting as “Receptionist Lunch Relief” as scheduled
- Work in and/or help in any aspect of zoo operations as directed/ when appropriate
- Create event diagrams and update as needed
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
- Coordinate with other departments when needs arise: security, custodial, events, volunteers, finance, guest services and others as required by specific events
- College degree or minimum of 3 years experience in related field
- Customer Service
- Knowledge of Computer Programs including MS Outlook e-mail and Using MS Office, Vectorworks experience and/or trainable.
- Methodical, efficient, friendly, good communications skills.
- Ability to see and hear along with speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Capacity to multi-task and stay productive in a challenging environment.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
- Valid CA Driver’s License,
- Operating a golf cart, pick up truck, or van; using a 2-way radio
- Operating a computer-based point of sale system
- Working time as needed to insure appropriate level of service for all facility rentals special events & birthday parties –requires being on-call and reachable by telephone on days not working
- Standing and/ or walking during 100% of working time
- Walking, bending, climbing, reaching, and lifting, moving and carrying packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Working outdoors in any weather conditions
To apply for this position: Qualified applicants must send resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. Therefore, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different task be performed when circumstances change.