The Living Desert is seeking a skilled, creative, and organized individual responsible for the creation and production of marketing communications and on-site zoo graphics.
The position will support the zoo in its mission to support “desert conservation through preservation, education and appreciation”, and help the zoo achieve a forward-thinking vision of a modern zoo and inclusive culture.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Brand, Marketing and Public Relations, the Graphic Designer will create compelling, on brand marketing and graphic materials to support the zoo’s mission. The Graphic Designer designs, develops and coordinates production of marketing and collateral materials, institutional publications, exhibit graphics signage and displays for the Zoo. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining institutional brand standards in all print, environmental and electronic media of the Zoo as well as fulfilling all printing, publishing, tracking, billing, etc., for signs, brochures, newsletters, etc.
Must be fluent with all creative software and machines including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, etc). Photography/videography skills and experience with Lightroom, After-Effects, and/or Premier considered a plus.
- A minimum of three years as a graphic artist/designer is required.
- Minimum of 2year degree or certificate in graphic arts. Preferred 4year degree.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Strong understanding of brand standards and how to create marketing and communications materials within the standards.
- Must be an energetic team player with exceptional time management skills. Applicant must be selfstarter, able to manage and complete multiple projects, and work well under tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Applicant must have strong attention to detail, and ensure quality, accurate work is completed.
All interested individuals should submit their resume, three examples of their creative work, and brief cover letter to the Senior Manager, Brand, Marketing, and Public Relations, Erin Scott at .