Senior Supervisor, Membership & Admissions
Job Title: Senior Supervisor, Membership & Admissions
Department: Park Services
Level of Authority:
Reports to: Senior Manager, Membership, Admissions and Guest Relations
Supervises: Membership & Admissions Supervisor, Guest Services Coordinator, and Admissions Guest Services Associates. Requires the ability to stand in temporarily to supervise group sales, shuttles & carousel staff when Group Sales Manager is unavailable.
Under general supervision, implements and manages all goals, projections and objectives for admissions and membership. Implements membership programs and processes membership applications, provides guest and member assistance and assists in planning and implementation of related events and promotions for members and daytime guests. Performs the duties below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs all member services goals to acquire members, increase renewals and strengthen gate sales to ensure that fiscal year goals are achieved.
- Oversees and directs all admission goals for daytime park attendance.
- Implements all phases of the membership program serving over 13,000 members, and processes program generated income. Activities include processing new and renewal membership applications, completing deposits, data entry of all participants information, mass mailing of membership cards and correcting/editing member data and information.
- Handles guest and member questions, concerns, and complaints and projects information answers and solutions. Provides prompt reply to any inquiry.
- Assists the Sr. Manager of Membership, Admissions and Guest Relations with strategies to expand membership and grow park attendance.
- Establishes and maintains effective liaisons with clients, vendors and volunteers.
- Designs and orders materials and maintains inventory for department, such as ticket stock, bracelets, Daily Program Schedules, Maps and membership collateral.
- Prepares statistical membership and admission reports for monthly board meeting.
- Establishes goals, objectives and standards of performance; develops and implements operating policies and procedures for department.
- Maintains a safe and productive workplace for visitors and staff.
- Able to deal courteously and effectively with the public at all times, and to represent the institution at the highest standard of professionalism.
- Establishes and maintains effective and professional working relations with co-workers and other department personnel, and in accordance with The Living Desert Employee Handbook.
- Aids other departments as needed.
- Develops annual training and materials for the Guest Services Associates. Administers training in the fall of each year. Regularly communicates changes to policies and procedures.
- Hires, develops and manages all Admissions & Membership Guest Services Associates, providing regular Performance Reviews as required.
- Handles other related responsibilities as necessary to accomplish department objectives.
- Contributes to desert conservation through reduction of waste, water and energy use, and inspiring guests and team members to take conservation actions.
This class specification should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
Computer, typewriter, computer printer, FAX, phone, copier, adding and credit card machines.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Suite: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365
- DonorPerfect familiarity/skills
- Galaxy System Administrator Certified
- Above average organizational skills and very detail oriented
- Salesmanship skills
- Strong customer service skills to assist public, members and donors
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to give and comprehend written and oral instructions, and to accurately carry out such instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with the public in a courteous manner
- Ability to form professional networking relationships with other institutions and companies
- Must be a motivated self starter who needs minimal supervision
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skill and have the ability to work with others in a team setting
Conditions of Work:
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Sitting at computer station for extended periods; standing, walking, bending, lifting, twisting, climbing, crawling, kenneling, reaching motions.
DISCOMFORT/RISKS: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
HOLIDAY/EVENING WORK: Weekend and holiday work required. Some evenings may be required during special events.
TRAVEL: Conference and workshop attendance available. If funding available, some or all expenses paid.
Minimum High School diploma or G.E.D. required. A minimum of three years in staff or office supervision required. Ability to use personal computers in completing spreadsheet, database and word processing functions. Must hold a valid
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should send resume, cover letter, and names and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions: December 17, 2019.