Part Time-Seasonal Sales Associate
THE LIVING DESERT ZOO & GARDENS GIFT STORE Operated by Service Systems Associates, Inc.
PART TIME-SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Operations Management Team
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible, includes weekends, holidays and night events throughout the year
WORK & BENEFIT STATUS: Part-Time Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt position
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides efficient, knowledgeable and friendly service in order to meet or exceed expectations of the guests / visitors.
· Follows opening and closing store procedures.
· Assists managers with customer service initiatives, team direction, solving cash register transactional and operational problems.
· Partners with team to restock both before, during and after operating hours.
· Ability to merchandise and maintain stores visual needs according to corporate standards.
· Provides communication to management regarding daily issues.
· Assists managers and other supervisors with training new employees.
· Reviews and conducts cash, and gift certificate transactions as well as credit card authorizations and transactions.
· Assists with tissue wrapping and bagging of merchandise.
· Maintain all shops and kiosks in a clean, attractive and highly marketable condition.
· Responsible for providing each zoo guest uncompromised hospitality and quality service.
· Remains knowledgeable about and ensures compliance with all regulations regarding employment and safety.
REQUIREMENTS and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· One (1) year customer service experience in a retail environment.
· Must have retail point-of-sale operating system(s) experience.
· Sales associates expectation is to sell, assist, and interact with all guests.
· Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
· Lift up to 35 lbs multiple times a day/shift.
· Ability to stand or walk an average of 7 hours a day.
· Ability to work outside and indoors.
· Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
OTHER REQUIRMENTS: Must be able to independently maneuver throughout the facility in a fast paced, often tightly-quartered environment. Hours may be extended or irregular to include: nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
· Ability to multitask in a retail setting.
· Ability to operate telephone and radio.
· Ability to operate a desktop and laptop computer.
· Ability to access and produce information from a computer.
· Other lifting or physical requirements as added from time to time, or as required to perform the essential functions of this job.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The General Manager reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments).
All interested individuals should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org