Retail Sales Associate
THE LIVING DESERT ZOO & GARDENS GIFT STORE
Operated by Service Systems Associates, Inc.
Retail Sales Associate at The Living Desert Zoo are responsible for providing courteous, quick, and efficient service to guests through greeting, interaction with guests, sales, and cash handling and payment collection as well as upholding the safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of the facility, and maintaining excellent client relations.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Retail Operations Manager, Retail Supervisors, and General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible, includes weekends, holidays and night events
WORK & BENEFIT STATUS: Seasonal, Non-Exempt position
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides efficient, knowledgeable, and friendly service in-order-to meet or exceed expectations of guests / visitors.
- Take direction and guidance from Retail Operations Manager, Supervisors, and General Manager.
- Follows opening and closing store procedures; and all company policies.
- Assists managers with customer service initiatives, team direction, solving cash register transactional and operational problems.
- Partners with team to restock merchandise before, during, and after operating hours.
- Provides communication to management team members regarding any daily issues.
- Assists managers and supervisors with training and rollout of corporate initiatives.
- Reviews and conducts transactions through POS including but not limited to: cash, credit card, voucher/coupon, and phone sales0.
- Assists staff in stocking, changing, and/or adding supplies at cash wrap.
- Assists with tissue wrapping and bagging of guest / visitor merchandise.
- Works with staff in maintaining all shops and kiosks in a clean, attractive, and highly marketable condition.
- Responsible for providing each zoo guest / visitor, uncompromised hospitality and quality service.
- Remains knowledgeable about and insures compliance with all regulations regarding employment and safety.
REQUIREMENTS and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- One (1) year experience in a retail environment (and one (1) year receiving and/or merchandising experience preferred).
- Must have retail point-of-sale operating system experience, as well as Excel, Word, and internet.
- Lift 25 – 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout shifts.
- Ability to stand or walk for entire shifts.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb (ladders and stairs), kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Must be able to independently maneuver throughout the facility in a fast paced, often tightly-quartered environment.
- Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to multitask in a retail setting.
- Ability to operate telephone and/or radio.
- Ability to operate a desktop, laptop computer, and tablet to access and produce information.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The General Manager reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments).
Please submit a resume and three professional references to DianeStartzel@kmssa.com.