Senior IT Manager
Job Title: Senior IT Manager
Level of Authority:
Reports to: Director of Finance
Supervises: IT Manager
Routinely review The Living Desert’s (TLD) hardware, software and infrastructure needs. Maintain a revolving five-year plan, based on TLDs Strategic Plan. Ensure users are adequately trained. Maintain an operational annual uptime of all systems of 99.9%. Be passionate about aligning business and technology goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an updated 5-year strategic plan of computer and infrastructure needs.
- Develop resource planning and budgeting to meet current and future needs.
- Provide and maintain timely departmental budgets and forecasting.
- Work with Human Resources (HR) to develop new hire criteria to ensure they have the computer/software skills required; or, are sent offsite for training or otherwise trained within the first four weeks of hiring. Review current employees to ensure they are properly trained.
- Provide/ensure on-going IT related Coaching and Mentoring to all employees
- IT departmental staff supervision
- Provide infrastructure support.
- Provide/assist with Database Development
- Provide/assist with Systems Integration
- Provide Productivity Improvement
- Maintain all Information Technology (IT) systems with an uptime of 99.9% (e.g. Customer Relationship, Phone, Point of Sale, Wi-Fi)
- Provide Project Management
- Provide Enterprise Resource Planning
- Know and support Social Technology
- Know and support Business Intelligence
- Know and support Cloud Technologies
- Ensure data integrity and security at all times; including PCI compliance.
- Create and maintain Team Building and Leadership within TLD
- Be able to work weekends, and events, if needed
This class specification should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
Common hand tools, computers & computer related hardware, general office equipment, telephone, radio, golf cart, vehicles.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of computer and network systems, electronic equipment and related software.
- Ability to install, upgrade, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain a variety of computer hardware/software, electronic equipment and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend computer hardware and software documentation to solve technical problems.
- Knowledge of SQL, Power BI, SSRS and Microsoft cloud-based reporting solutions
- Ability to give and comprehend written and oral instructions, and to accurately carry out such instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to form professional networking relationships with other institutions and companies.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask.
Conditions of Work:
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Sitting at computer stations for extended periods; standing, walking, bending, lifting, twisting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, reaching motions. Some lifting up to 50 lbs.
DISCOMFORT/RISKS: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Extreme temperatures when working outdoors.
HOLIDAY/EVENING WORK: Weekend and holiday and some evening work are required.
TRAVEL: Conference and workshop attendance, as required.
An MBA in E-Commerce or other, related field is preferred. A College degree with a minimum of five years’ experience in computer and network systems, preferably in a Senior Management role. Currently hold; or be working towards, being a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). CompTIA certifications preferred.
Must be knowledgeable in Personal Computers (PC), network and server hardware/software including: cabling, hubs and routers, common network operating systems; operation, installation and troubleshooting of common hardware and installation and utilization of software. Must be skilled with telecommunications equipment.
Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Office365 and the Azure platform.
Must hold a valid California driver license and be insurable on The Living Desert’s automobile insurance policy. Must be energetic with good communication skills and be willing to work with others in a team setting.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org