Senior Manager, Sales and Partnerships
Job Title: Senior Manager, Sales and Partnerships
Department: Park Services
Grade Level: 10
Level of Authority:
Reports to: Director of Park Services, Guest Relations
Directly Supervises: Manager, Tours, Attractions and Adopt Program
Manages all aspects of the Sales and Partnerships office, including promoting, booking and scheduling all tours, coordinating block ticket sales, meeting or exceeding group attendance numbers and income goals. Manages all business memberships and partnerships for the organization (with the exception of the annual Gala). Oversees all daily operations of park attractions and shuttles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and plan budgets for all tours, block ticket sales, attractions, and sponsorships.
- Pitch potential partners for the organization and maintain relationships with all strategic partners/sponsors growing and nurturing said relationships.
- Grow strategic partnership database to drive incremental revenue for the organization.
- Partner with hotels, restaurants and tourism organizations to promote The Living Desert for conventions and groups and promote block ticket sales and all tour packages including private and behind the scenes tours.
- Promote all tour packages to increase revenue and increase brand exposure.
- Provide site visits to prospective clients and/or partners.
- Maintain good knowledge of The Living Desert brand, habitats, philosophy and future plans.
- Respond to requests for information from guests and potential partners.
- Convert leads into sales for tours, block ticket sales, and partnerships.
- Process and distribute copies of bookings and cancellations quickly in accordance with the distribution list and maintain master calendar for tours, group events, etc.
- Maintain database of tour guests, block ticket sales customers, partners and potential partners.
- Work closely with the Membership Manager to increase number of business sponsorships year over year.
- Maintain monthly sales tracking figures for group tour attendance and income.
- Maintain monthly sales tracking figures for shuttles and all attractions.
- Maintain monthly sales tracking for all partnerships and sponsorships.
- Works closely with admissions to provide contracts and group information for daily tours.
- Provides copies of contracts for accounting purposes and attendance.
- Communicates with other necessary staff in-house regarding status of tours, programs, lunch packages.
- Initiate and process monthly billing of group tours and assist as needed with the billing of facility rentals; forward payment to Accounting; follow up each month on out-standing balances.
- Distribute discount coupons for individual visitors to hotels and tourism organizations on a request basis only.
- Distribute approved number of complimentary passes to qualifying organizations/partners for raffles and special events.
- Oversee the daily operations of shuttles and attractions.
- Establish goals, objectives and standards of performance; develop and implement operating policies and procedures for department.
- Maintain a safe and productive workplace for visitors and staff.
- Able to deal courteously and effectively with the public at all times, and to represent the institution at the highest standard of professionalism.
- Able to establish and maintain effective and professional working relations with co-workers and other department personnel, and to do so in accordance with The Living Desert Employee Handbook.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
- Represent the brand in a positive light at all times both on property and off.
- Contributes to saving animals in the wild through: reduction of waste, water and energy use and inspiring guests and team members to take wildlife protecting actions.
- Other related responsibilities as necessary to accomplish departmental and organizational objectives.
- Knowledge of the tourism and convention industry, including the escorted travel market
- Computer skills, which should include Microsoft Word, Access, CRM, Power Point, and contract management software.
- Salesmanship skills.
- Strong customer service skills to assist public, members, donors and partners.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Ability to give and comprehend written and oral instructions, and to accurately carry out such instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with the public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to form professional networking relationships with other institutions and companies.
- Must be a motivated self starter who needs minimal supervision.
- Above average contract writing and negotiation.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills and have the ability to work with others in a team setting.
Conditions of Work:
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Sitting at computer station for extended periods; standing, walking, bending, lifting, twisting, climbing, crawling, kenneling, reaching motions. Must be in good physical condition for walking and standing outside for long periods of time when working with groups and able to drive trams for an extended period of time.
DISCOMFORT/RISKS: Moderate; lifting of rack card boxes and being outside in sometimes high temperatures when working with groups.
HOLIDAY/EVENING WORK: Evening, early morning and weekend/holiday work may be required.
TRAVEL: Conference and workshop attendance available. If funding available, some or all expenses paid.
College degree or equivalency. Two years’ experience in contract negotiation and writing. Two
years experience in tourism/convention sales or other related sales field with proven communication and organizational skills. Experience with tour and group sales industry. Experience with forging partnerships/strategic alliances. Vast understanding of park operations and attractions.
To apply for this position: Qualified applicants must send resume to Erin Scott, Interim Director Park Services & Guest Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org .