THE LIVING DESERT ZOO & GARDENS CATERING ASSOCIATE
Operated by Service Systems Associates, Inc.
SSA’s Catering Associates are responsible for providing courteous, quick, and efficient service to guests through preparing, cooking, and serving food and beverages as well as processing sales, collecting payment, upholding the safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of the facility, and maintaining excellent client relations.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Catering Associates report to the Catering Manager, Supervisors, and Executive Chef. The Catering Associates have support responsibility for all functional managers of the unit (LDZ 35).
WORK SCHEDULE: Shifts are available Monday through Sunday, Days, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays.
WORK & BENEFIT STATUS: Seasonal, part-time
Description of Responsibilities:
- Take direction from Catering Manager, Supervisors, and General Manager;
- Demonstrate knowledge of menu items, sell and offer suggestions accordingly, and relay proper information to guests and supervisors;
- Check and stock supplies and product for catering events;
- Setup and breakdown service areas including but not limited to: venue tables, chairs, flatware, china, glassware, linen, drink stations, food stations, remote kitchens, bars, sourcing service materials and product from storage locations around the park, and ensuring proper storage of all items;
- Maintain a courteous, friendly and approachable attitude to all employees, the Client, and third parties encountered;
- Communicate clearly and openly with all staff members for overall success;
- Display a sense of urgency at-all-times;
- Uphold a professional appearance and mannerism;
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, health, and safety practices at-all-times;
- Know and demonstrate safety protocols, as well as take appropriate action as necessary, to ensure safety of team members and guests in times of need;
- Complete all other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED required for applicants over 18 years of age, not currently attending school;
- Must possess valid Riverside County, California Food Handlers Card;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Diligent cash handling abilities;
- Excel in guest service;
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform job duties;
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes 30-35 lbs throughout the facility and perform all functions as set forth above;
- Must be available to work evenings/weekends/holidays as needed; and
- Must have Internet access and an email account.
- 1 year experience in Food Service industry/environment.
- ServSafe Certification.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The General Manager reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments).
Please submit a resume and three professional references to David Bowes DavidBowes@thessagroup.com