You’ll never get left behind with membership to The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens. Enjoy unlimited free admission, access to fun events, awesome benefits, plus help save wildlife. Your membership supports our mission, conservation, and education programs.
Members’ timed tickets must be reserved in advance using the Zoo’s online system by selecting ‘Membership Reserve Tickets’ in the purchasing categories. Members that have not reserved a timed ticket will not be allowed entry.
- Unlimited free daytime admission for 12 months
- Free one-time-use guest passes for friends and family (available for Guardian Society members only)
- 10% discounts at our Gift Shop, Kookaburra Cafe, Churro Stop, Thorn Tree Grill and Safari Soft Serve
- foxpaws magazine filled with articles, programs, schedules and special events
- Discounts on programs, classes, trips, events and volunteer opportunities
- Invitations to and priority to special events
- Discounts on guest passes
- Free or reduced admission to more than 150+ Zoos, Aquariums, Gardens and Arboretums throughout the United States and Canada. Click here for the full list.
Guardian Society Membership
Membership Frequently Asked Questions
How can I purchase a membership?
There are several ways to purchase a membership:
1. For the fastest service, join online now!
2. On your next visit to The Living Desert, stop by the Admissions window to join in person
3. Give us a call in the Membership office at (760) 346-5694 ext 2134
Can I give my guest passes away, or do I need to be present with my guest?
Guest passes are automatically loaded onto your membership card and will be deducted as you bring guests. If you would like them printed to give away, we would be happy to assist you at the membership window.
(Available for Guardian Society memberships only.)
Is The Living Desert membership based on the calendar year?
Your annual membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase, so you receive a full 12 months of Zoo and Garden fun!
What if my membership card is lost or stolen?
You can order a replacement card by contacting the Guest Services office at (760) 346-5694 ext 2134 or email membership@LivingDesert.org. You can also request a replacement card at the membership window. Additional cards are subject to a $5 replacement fee.
Is my membership at The Living Desert good for other zoos, aquariums, gardens and arboreta?
Yes! For a list of over 150 zoos, aquariums, gardens, and arboreta that offer discounted or free admission to The Living Desert members, click here.
Can a friend or family member use my membership card?
No. Memberships are nontransferable and are valid only for the person (or persons) named on the card.
If the other named adult on my card is unable to come with me, may I bring a guest in their place?
No, but you may purchase a guest pass at a discounted rate.
Is my membership payment tax-deductible?
A portion of your payment is tax-deductible, as allowed by law.
Do members need to reserve tickets?
Yes, Members’ timed tickets must be reserved in advance using the Zoo’s online system by selecting ‘Membership Reserve Tickets’ in the purchasing categories. Members that have not reserved a timed ticket will not be allowed entry.