You’ll never get left behind with membership to The Living Desert. Enjoy unlimited free admission, access to fun events, awesome benefits, plus help save wildlife. Your membership supports our mission, conservation, and education programs.
- Unlimited daytime zoo admission for 12 months from date of purchase
- 7am Members-only early admission year-round
- Free one-time use guest passes
- Ability to purchase additional guest passes at a discounted rate
- 10% discount at the Gift Shop, Coyote Café, Thorn Tree Grill and Safari Soft Serve
- Free subscription to foxpaws, The Living Desert’s member magazine and e-newsletter
- Discounts on programs, classes, trips, events, travel and volunteer opportunities
- Advanced registration access for certain programs and events
- Invitations to “Members Only” events
- Free or reduced admission to 150+ reciprocal zoos, aquariums and more throughout the United States and Canada. Click here for a full list of Zoos and Aquariums who participate in the AZA Reciprocity Program.
You get all those exclusive perks plus more when you choose your ideal membership from a plan below.
Premium Membership Opportunities
Membership Frequently Asked Questions
How can I purchase a membership?
There are several ways to purchase a membership:
1. For the fastest service, join online now!
2. On your next visit to The Living Desert, stop by the Membership office to join in person
3. Give us a call in the Membership office at (760) 346-5694
Can I give my guest passes away, or do I need to be present with my guest?
Guest passes are automatically loaded onto your membership card and will be deducted as you bring guests. If you would like them printed to give away, we would be happy to assist you at the membership window.
(Available for annual memberships only)
Is The Living Desert membership based on the calendar year?
Your annual membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase, so you receive a full 12 months of Zoo and Garden fun!
What if my membership card is lost or stolen?
You can order a replacement card by contacting the Membership Office at (760) 346-5694 or email membership@LivingDesert.org. You can also request a replacement card at the membership window. Additional cards are subject to a $5 replacement fee.
Is my membership at The Living Desert good for other zoos, aquariums, gardens and arboreta?
Yes! For a list of over 100 zoos, aquariums and arboreta that offer discounted or free admission to The Living Desert members, click here.
Can a friend or family member use my membership card?
No. Memberships are nontransferable and are valid only for the person (or persons) named on the card. A photo ID is always required for entrance, as well as your membership card.
If the other named adult on my card is unable to come with me, may I bring a guest in their place?
No, but you may purchase a guest pass at a discounted rate.
Is my membership payment tax-deductible?
A portion of your payment is tax-deductible. Deductible amounts can be found under each membership level listed above, as allowed by law.